Potatoes coated with sugar are commonly known as candied potatoes or sweet glazed potatoes. The potatoes are fried or baked until tender and then coated with a sugar and butter sauce. The sugar coating caramelizes on the outside of the potato, creating a sweet and crunchy glaze. Candied potatoes are often served as a side dish for Thanksgiving and other holiday meals.
Sweeter PotatoesCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Beginner
2 tbsp. butter or buttery spread
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 russet potatoes washed, cooked, cooled, peeled and cubed
1/2 tsp. salt
dash ground black pepper
sprinkle onion powder
- Cook whole potatoes in the microwave for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Cube potatoes when fully cooled.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Stir in brown sugar until smooth. Add potatoes and salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes until golden brown and a crusty coating forms.
- Stir in onion powder a few minutes before potatoes are done.
- Makes 2-3 servings. Recipe can be doubled.