Butter cookies are a type of cookie that are made with butter, sugar, flour, salt, eggs and vanilla extract. They have a rich, buttery flavor and a texture that make them a favorite for people of all ages. Butter cookies can be shaped into various forms, such as pressed or flat cookies, and baked until golden brown. They are often decorated with sugar sprinkles, icing, or other toppings.
Spritz Butter CookiesCourse: Dessert, SnacksDifficulty: Beginner
1 cup butter softened
1/4 cup brown sugar packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups sifted flour *
cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees. Lightly oil baking sheets. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour.
- Using cookie press, press out shapes onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Remove cookies from oven. Wait 1 minute before placing cookies on a wire cooling rack.
- When cookies are cool, place towel paper under cooling rack. Drizzle icing over cookies. Immediately sprinkle sprinkles over cookies.
Add enough lemon juice to powdered sugar in a bowl until blended and slightly runny.
- *Also you can use whole wheat pastry flour.